Let’s make delicious Ghevar. This traditional recipe of the state of Rajasthan can be made very easily made at home. We will make it without mold.
Ghevar is mostly made on the occasion of the Teej festival in Rajasthan.
Rajasthani Ghevar [Recipe]
Traditional Rajasthani Ghevar can be made easily made at home without mold. Ghevar is mostly made on the occasion of the Teej festival.
(Rating: 4.8 from
|Prep time ⏲
||Cook time ⏲
||Total time ⏲
|Nutrition Info 📜
||Serving size 🍕
For Rajasthani Ghevar
- Desi Ghee, 1/2 cup
- Ice cubes, 5-6
- All-purpose flour (Maida), 1/2 cup
- Cold water from refrigerator, as required
- Lemon juice, 2 teaspoons,
- Ghee (for frying), 750 grams
- Sugar, 500 grams
- Dry Fruits Shreddings for decoration (Pistachio and Almonds)
For making Rajasthani Ghevar
- Take a big bowl and add half a cup of ghee to it.
- Then after that add some ice cubes and whisk them well for 4-5 minutes.
- After that we will take out the ice cubes and beat the ghee well.
- Now add a little maida to it and whisk well.
- Then add cold water as required.
- For this, we need a very thin solution and we have to keep the solution cool till it forms a ghevar. Now add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to it.
- Put a pan on the stove and put ghee in it.
- The flame of the gas has to be kept high. Now we have to pour ghee little by little with the help of a spoon. Pierce it with the help of a knife or a similar sharp object.
- We have to pour this solution until the ghevar takes its shape.
- The ghevar has to be fried well till it turns golden.
- Then carefully remove it from the ghee, as it is very soft and there is a possibility of its breaking.
- I have already made sugar syrup. When the ghevar cools down, add syrup to it. And then garnish with pistachio almonds.
- Your delicious ghevar is ready. Pour sugar syrup whenever you feel like eating.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- No notes.