Share this post
In this post, we are going to make Aloo Vada (Batata Vada). These are very tasty and they can be prepared in a jiffy. Let’s learn how to make Aloo Vada (Batata Vada).
You can eat them with sauce or chutney. And you can also take them with you on a trip.
Aloo Vada (Batata Vada) Recipe [Recipe]
Learn to make Aloo Vada (Batata Vada). These are very tasty and they can be prepared in a jiffy.
(Rating: 4.8 from 3 reviews)
(Rating: 4.8 from 3 reviews)
|Prep time ⏲||Cook time ⏲||Total time ⏲|
|Category 📚||Cuisine 🍴||Serves 👨🍳|
|Nutrition Info 📜||Serving size 🍕|
For Aloo Vada (Batata Vada)
- Potatoes (Boiled), 7-8
- Oil, 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida, 1 Pinch
- Cumin, 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander (Coarsely Crushed), 1 Tsp
- Onion Chopped, 1
- Garlic Cloves Chopped, 7-8
- Green Chillies Chopped, 5-7
- Curry Leaves, 5-6
- Red Chili Powder, 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder, 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1/2 Tsp
- Fennel Powder, 1 Tsp
- Salt ( According To Taste), 3/4 Tsp
- Amchur Powder, 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala, 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped), As Needed
For Aloo Vada Batter
- Besan (Gram Flour), 3/4 Bowl
- Red Chili Powder, 3/ 4 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 Tsp
- Salt, 1/2 Tsp
- Water, As Needed
- Baking Soda, 1 Pinch
- Oil (For Frying Potatoes), As Needed
For making Aloo Vada (Batata Vada)
- Put oil in the pan on the gas. When the oil is hot, add asafetida, cumin and coarsely ground coriander and let them crackle.
- After that, add chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and roast. After roasting, add all the dry spices like chili, coriander, turmeric, fennel powder and salt. Mix well and let it cook for a while. Our masala is ready.
- Into the masala, add the pre-mashed boiled potatoes to it, and add mango powder, garam masala on top and mix it well.
- At last, after adding coriander leaves, turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down. Our potato filling is ready.
- We will now make gram flour batter for Aloo Vada. For that, add gram flour, red chili powder and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix them well.
- Then add water little by little in that mixture and make a mixture of it. You will beat the gram flour mixture well for 5-7 minutes. The gram flour batter is ready.
- Now make round balls from the potato mixture. Before making the aloo vada, we will put a pinch of baking soda in the gram flour and mix it well. Our batter and potato mixture are both ready.
- Put oil in the pan on the gas and let it heat up. After that, the potato balls will be dipped in gram flour and fried in oil.
- Fry the potatoes on medium flame till they become crispy and repeat the same process.
- There you have it. Your Delicious Spicy Hot Snack is ready. Aloo Vada is ready to be eaten. Take it in a serving tray and serve it with sauce. You can also eat it with tamarind chutney.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- No notes.
Recipe Source Link: https://www.leelasrecipes.com/aloo-vada-batata-vada/
Date Published: 2022-04-15
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other Leela's Recipes readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @leelasrecipes or #leelasrecipes. I would love to see your photos. :)