Today we will learn to make Mango Semolina Cake. You can make it easily at home with very few ingredients. Instead of a traditional oven, we will be using a pressure cooker for making this cake.
It is indeed very tasty. You can enjoy this cake with tea or as a simple satisfying dessert anytime.
Mango Semolina Cake (Without Oven) [Recipe]
Mango Semolina Cake is a dessert needing only a few ingredients. Instead of an oven, we will be using a pressure cooker for making this cake.
(Rating: 4.9 from
|Prep time ⏲
||Cook time ⏲
||Total time ⏲
||1 hours 35 mins
|Nutrition Info 📜
||Serving size 🍕
For Mango Semolina Cake
- Mango, 1
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Semolina, 1 Cups
- Milk, 3/4 cup
- Banking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon
- Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Dry fruits, 3-4 tablespoons
- All,purpose flour (for dusting), 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 2 cups
- Mango pieces (for garnishing)
For making Mango Semolina Cake
- Take a mango, wash it, peel it, and chop it.
- Then put it in a mixer jar and grind it with sugar and keep the mango pulp aside.
- Now take oil in a bowl and add powdered sugar in it and whisk well.
- Then add semolina and already-made mango pulp to it, and mix it well.
- Add milk as per need, and whisk well.
- Grease the cake mold with oil, and dust it by adding a little all-purpose flour (maida).
- Now put a stand in a pressure cooker, and place the cooker on the stove. Put salt in it and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Then, in the cake mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, and 1 spoon of vinegar. Mix them all.
- After adding the cake mixture to the cake tin, tap it slightly. Add some dry fruits on top and gently place the cake tin in the pre-heated cooker.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 40-50 minutes. Keep the stove heat very low. Be careful not to put the whistle on the lid of the pressure cooker.
- If you want, you can check the cake after 30-35 minutes by using a knife. If the cake batter is sticking in the knife, then our cake is still raw now. Let it cook some more if that's the case.
- Close the lid immediately, and allow it to cook again for a while. In my case, the cake has taken about 50 minutes to fully cook.
- After cooking, take the cake out of the cooker, and let it cool.
- Now take out the cake from the cake mold. You can see that the cake would come out to be very soft.
- Finally, we will garnish the cake with chopped mangoes and place it on a serving plate. Our delicious Mango Semolina Cake is ready to be enjoyed.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- No notes.